Below are the rapid-fire disciplinary points made from the sermon:
- Set clear boundaries and limits for your children.
- Avoid unannounced rules! Don’t make up rules as you go along.
- Don’t exasperate your children with too many rules.
- When it’s possible & applicable, explain to your children why you have made the rules you have.
- Make sure you establish rules and regulations on biblical principles.
- Remember, rules are good for your children!
- Clearly communicate to your children that you expect immediate obedience.
- When your children are young, the primary means of chastisement will be the literal “rod”.